Sunday, May 8, 2011

Greeting:

Hi, Hello, Nice to see you/

GM,GA,GE,GN

Good to see you.

How are things with you?

How is life?

What is new?

What’s the latest?

I trust you’re keeping well.

I hope all goes well with you.

Introducing yourself, others

GM I’m ….

Excuse me, I am …..

This is ….

Do you know…

Have you met…

Please meet Mr…

Please meet my friend …

Let me introduce…..

May I introduce …

Making Requests:

Can/could I/ you …… ?

Would you mind ….., please?

Do you think you could ….. please?

Please do me a favour by ……?

Do you think it would be possible……?

I hope you don’t mind my asking, but……

I am sorry to trouble you, but ……?

I’d be grateful if you could …..

Inviting/accepting/rejecting an invitation

Would you like to …. ?

I’d like you to ……

I’d like to invite you to ……

What about/ How about you …..?

Like to ….

Care to …

Would you be interested in attending ….

We would/should be very much pleased/delighted if you …..

Thank you Id like to very much.

That’d be very nice.

Yes, please.

That sounds a nice idea.

With pleasure…..

O.K. / Alright.

I won’t say no.

We’d very much like ….

What a splendid idea!

Thank you very much.

That ‘d give us the greatest pleasure.

It’s kind of you.

Thank you very much, but…

Thank you for asking me, but….

I’m sorry. At present I …..

I’d like to, but ….

I wish I could , but …

I’m afraid I’ve already promised to …..

Sorry, I can’t. /No, thank you.

I regret that I shall not be able to accept …..

Unfortunately, I ….

That’s very kind of you, but ….

Offering help:

May I help you?

May I be of any assistance?

Could I help you?

Would you like me to help you?

Do you want my help?

Do you like any help?

What can I do for you?

Is there anything I can do for you?

Let me do …..

Can I help you?

Shall I do ….?

Accepting help:

I’d be delighted.

That’s very kind of you.

If it is of no trouble to you, …

If you don’t mind, …..

Thank you.

Just what I needed

Declining an offer:

No. Please don’t bother

Thanks a lot, but ….

I’m very grateful, but ..

Thanks a lot, yet …

No. Thank you.

-Taken from the Net

No comments:

Post a Comment