Wednesday, January 4, 2012

OFTEN REPEATED WORDS, PHRASES AND SENTENCES IN SPOKEN ENGLISH

OFTEN REPEATED WORDS, PHRASES AND SENTENCES IN SPOKEN ENGLISH

Yes
No
Welcome!
Please
Thanks!
O.k.
Bye!
Congratulations!
Condolences!
Cheers!
Oh!
Alas!
Good!
Bad!
Sure!
Hello!
Well!
Dreadful!
Awful!
Terrible!
Nice!
Wow!
Amazing!
Fantastic!
Beautiful!
Marvelous!
Greetings!
How nice!
What?
When?
Where?
Why?
Who?
Certainly!
Silence!
Nothing!
Done!
Really!
Excuse me!
Of course!
All right!
Very well!
Go to Hell!
Hell with you!
Very bad!
What work?
Miserable weather!
Anything more!
Extremely happy!
Well done!
Nice to see you!
Season’s greetings!
Very kind of you!
See you!
See you again!
See you later!
Take care!
Be happy!
Be cheerful!
I beg your pardon!
I am sorry!
I feel extremely sorry!
Best of luck!
It is kind of you!
Look here!
Listen to me!
How pretty it is!
I can’t tell you!
You have our grateful thanks
I am ignorant!
I am innocent!
I’m hungry
Don’t be silly!
Don’t be stupid!
Don’t be idiotic!
Who told you?
I don’t know
Don’t worry
What do you want?
That’s all you may go
I don’t like it
Who can doubt it?
Is it all right?
Keep quiet
What? Are you sure?
Is it possible?
I feel hungry
She is crying
Here’s something for you
What on earth is the mater?
What is the matter?
I hardly know it
How silly you are!
Who goes there?
I have come to see you
I know all about that
What do you say?
What do you mean?
Look here!
I call it hard luck.
You are lucky!
I don’t know it
I don’t deny it
Today is Friday
Tomorrow is Saturday!
Don’t worry
What’s the time now?
Are you ready?
It’s a lie
Is that all?
That’s all.
I am aware of that .
I’ll come home in the evening.
I’m coming
I had a suspicion
What are you up to now?
I understand you?
Wake up!
Wash your face
Take your breakfast
Go and fetch water
Hurry up!
What next?
It’s a fact
I feel sorry for it
Is it enough?
It isn’t enough
Enough! Enough!
What’s the matter?
It’s too dear
It’s costly
It’s very costly
Will that suit you?
Shake hands
That’s a good idea
I’m afraid
It’s a red letter day
I understand it
I like it
I love it
I long for it
What did you say?
What do you think of it?
What are you thinking of it?
I think so!
I see!
I can’t help it
What’s it?
How is it?
Don’t worry!
How’s that?
Behave yourself
Mind your words
Speak politely.
Help yourself
Be like a busy bee.
Dare to think.
Dare to excel
Dare to speak the truth
Take either one.
Either of them will be satisfactory.
You must not favour either side in the dispute
In either event you’ll benefit
I don’t like the red one and I don’t like the green one either
I dislike both

No comments:

Post a Comment