Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SOME TIPS AND GAP FILLERS IN GROUP DISCUSSION

SOME TIPS AND GAP FILLERS IN GROUP DISCUSSION


GD should have a beginning, middle and an end
Introduce yourself
Avoid starting trouble
Speak boldly
Encourage yourself
Use simple present tense
Use polite words like ‘please’ and ‘thank you’
When you make an error, use words of regret like ‘I’m sorry; Pardon me; I beg your pardon; Excuse me’
Think a lot and write down your ideas and try to develop it
Use Hindu, Biblical, epic, and religious leader’s stories
Remember the biographies of great men and quote from them
Support your views/arguments by using proverbs, quotations, paper news etc.
Recall the stories like Aesop’s fables, mythical stories etc and use the moral used in them
Remember the essays, poems, rhymes, and stories from the Supplementary Readers that you have learnt in your lower classes and try to use them at the apt places

The following gap fillers would be very useful in your speech

Good morning to all of you; I welcome all of you to this GD
This is a good topic
It is a current topic and it needs a solution
This is a great problem today
We have to find a solution urgently
This is my idea
I have a new idea
I can’t accept your ideas (views)
I don’t understand you
Please repeat your views
This is my suggestion
What you said is correct/wrong
I like/appreciate/welcome/support/ your ideas
It is quite true
It is certainly true
Let  me put the subject before you
Let me explain it
Let me tell an incident, a story, a joke, an anecdote, a proverb, a quotation etc.
As far as I am concerned, it is not correct/right/possible
This is my stand
I am not quite sure
I don’t agree with you
In fact there is no reason behind your saying/argument
This is not a sound argument
I repeat my idea/views
Now the problem/question before us is this
But remember this idea
Can you doubt it?
Certainly it is good
Your argument/idea/suggestion is weak
Don’t misunderstand me
Enough has been said about it
Please permit me/allow me to put forward my ideas
Here I have to talk about it
I strongly object it
I admit it
I want to make a remark
I want to a speak a few words about it
I’m very sure of it
I’m quite certain about it
I ask how you are going to justify your views
I can’t believe it
I don’t question your idea
I differ very much from what you say
I don’t want to argue with you
I hope all of you agree with my idea
I think that……..
I hope that…..
I assume that….
I have the strongest reason to object your views
I share your ideas
It is our duty to do it
I want to know more about your ideas
This is an unanswerable question
This is a very serious question/problem
It is an undeniable truth
It is difficult to understand
It is not necessary
It is well known to us
Much has been said about it
My opinion/answer/belief/solution/suggestion is this
I come to this conclusion
To conclude, let me speak a few words
To sum up …….
To put an end to this problem …..





No comments:

Post a Comment